Sunday, September 28, 2014

21/30

I've made it 3 weeks! Only 9 days to go!

...that's what I keep repeating to myself 'cause y'all, it's getting tough.  I feel like I've pretty much been eating the same meal in different forms every day.  Whole 30 as a vegetarian is NOT an easy task.  I also haven't had that much time to prep my food (which, as I said before, is what makes Whole 30 do-able).  Therefore, I've been having some mix of eggs, red pepper, onion, kale, avocado, and sweet potato pretty much every day.  

However, I do have 2 new recipes I tried out to share! On Friday, I finally had the chance to make a trip to the grocery store and got the ingredients to make this Coconut Lime Cauliflower "Rice"! (found on pinterest here:  http://meatified.com/lime-coconut-cauliflower-rice/) It is SO good! In short, you "rice up" some cauliflower in the blender then sauté it with coconut milk and lime juice until all of the liquid has been soaked up! I think I put a little too much lime juice, but it's still delicious.  I had some just plain friday night as a snack, then made my dinner out of it on Saturday! I sautéed up some kale, red bell pepper, onion, black beans, and sweet potato, then mixed all of that with the "rice" and some avocado! 




Aaand the second recipe is super simple: For breakfast on Sunday, I blended my coffee with some of the leftover coconut milk and it came out like a latte! A nice alternative to the plain black coffee I've had every morning so far!



So, I'm definitely struggling, but I'm determined to make it! I'm more than 2/3 of the way done and have just a little over a week left.  I just need to find some time to prep my food and some new recipes to try out!  I know I definitely haven't had enough variety in my diet in the last week, so I'm going to try to mix it up some this week! 

~9 days. 9 days. 9 days~

No comments:

Post a Comment