Yesterday I went ahead and made a meal plan for the week, did a grocery run, and then made a few things to have for the week! The first thing I made was some fresh salsa! IT IS SO GOOD! If you've never made your own, do a quick pinterest search because there are a ton of easy recipes out there! I also made about 10 boiled eggs to bring as snacks throughout the week (I can't stand the yolks in boiled eggs so I usually bring two with me since I only eat the outside!)
So on to Day 1 of Whole 30!
Breakfast: 1 whole egg + 1 egg white scrambled with 1/2 an avocado and some of my fresh homemade salsa! And black coffee!!!! (I missed coffee so much on the juice cleanse... you can drink coffee on whole 30, just with no sweetener or cream, but that's how I usually drink mine so it's not really a change for me!)
Lunch: Not the prettiest picture, I will admit... but that doesn't mean it didn't taste amazing! So a few years ago, I was introduced to eating a sweet potato with savory stuffings... I had grown up eating them with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon, so it seemed like such an odd concept to me. But it's so delicious and makes for a super simple meal. I cooked the sweet potato in the microwave for 5 min (make sure and poke holes in it beforehand with a fork to let out the steam) then I just sautéed a handful of kale, a clove of garlic diced up, and a little portion of tempeh in coconut oil. Once the sweet potato was done, I just stuffed it with the sauté mixture, 1/2 an avocado, and some more of that salsa.
This was my first experiment with the tempeh... I've never tried it before but it's pretty much like tofu, just with a much less silky/smooth texture... I wasn't a fan of the texture, but I had put so little in and had cut it into such small pieces that it wasn't really that noticeable!
Snack: On mondays, we have 2 classes back to back from 12:30-5:00 which is ROUGH. So I brought 2 snacks to have on breaks today. First, I mixed some unsweetened coconut flakes with almond butter and had it on a banana. About 2 hours later, I had my 2 boiled egg whites!
Dinner: For dinner I made red peppers stuffed with quinoa, black beans, tomatoes, corn, chiles, cilantro, and garlic. I topped it off with (no surprise here...) SALSA! (You will notice I love mexican food and will be having salsa and avocados pretty much daily!) I had the stuffed peppers with some blueberries and another cup of coffee (it's going to be a late study night... :/)
I would call my first day of Whole 30 a success! I'm hoping that since I have planed out my meals and have done some of the meal prep ahead of time, I won't find it too challenging to find healthy snacks and meals to eat throughout the day!
Well, I'm off to study for the rest of the night. The joys of being a PT student! :)
~Make someone smile today! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment