Friday, September 5, 2014

Juice Cleanse Day #1!

Okay, I decided to do a juice cleanse leading up to my Whole 30 journey... The idea is that once I've only had juice for 3 days, I will just want food... no matter what it is.  So rather than feeling limited because I can't have dairy, gluten, and sugar, I'll just be excited that I can eat something that I can actually chew! :)

After looking at all of the pre-made juice cleanses I found that are mailed to you, I thought, "I can do this for SO MUCH cheaper than that!" (*hint* the answer is no...) I found one on Pinterest called the Dr. Oz 3 Day Detox Cleanse Diet (http://kitkat1141.hubpages.com/hub/Dr-Oz-3-Day-Detox-Cleanse-Diet) that looked promising.  So I set a start date, made a shopping list, and headed to Kroger.  

 Once I got home (after spending much more than I had anticipated), I went ahead and cut all the fruits and veggies, measured them out, and separated them out into baggies by meal.  This way all I had to do each day was pour in the baggie and add the liquid ingredients!
Now, on to the actual cleanse day!
7:00 ~ Woke up and had my cup of green tea
8:00 ~ Blended up my breakfast juice (I must say, this one's my favorite) 
10-12:00 ~ Class
12:00 ~ Lunch juice (this thing is GIANT and has an odd consistency from the celery and cucumber... definitely my least favorite, but still do-able)
1-4:00 ~ Class
4:30 ~ Snack juice (they say you can repeat any of the juice recipes as a snack, so I got the ingredients to repeat the dinner drink as my snack each day)
7:00 ~ Dinner juice (doesn't look very appetizing, but it was actually pretty good!)



As far as how I feel: After breakfast, I had a lot more energy than normal (usually NOT a morning person).  Throughout the rest of the day, I felt full between juices.  The hardest was after dinner.  I went to a movie at one of those dinner-movie theaters with my mom and aunt.  They both got food and it smelled SO good! And sitting here now, at 10:30, my eyes keep shifting toward my kitchen where I know there's a hunk of Brie cheese and half of a loaf of italian bread.  That sounds delicious right now.  BUT I'm staying strong! I'm going to get a large glass of water to hold me over until I go to bed. And I should probably go ahead and trash that cheese and bread so it doesn't tempt me... :/

So, we will see how this juice cleanse goes... then I get to start on Whole 30!

Oh, I also did my 'Before' weigh in today... not quite up to sharing my weight online, but I plan on sharing how much I (hopefully) lose after this month! (Part of Whole 30 is that you don't weigh throughout the entire process, so my scale is hidden in the back of my closet for now!)

~Make someone smile today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment